Twenty Twelve on Target

Let’s pretend that this year did not just fly by.

Last week, at our company holiday party, I mentioned to my boss “Doesn’t it seem like we just had a holiday party?” and she agreed–this past year really flew by. Why? Well, probably because a lot of things happened, such as:

My big little sister got married.

I moved up a ladder rung at work and now my days consists primarily of interactive design.

Blogging became a favorite hobby of mine.

I got stitches for the first time.

My relationship with running ended.

My best friend moved to Florida for a job.

I started focusing more on strength-training than cardio.

Learning how to cook became a new goal and hobby for me.

Moved into a new place.

Got bikes.

Andy and I got married.

We visited Hawaii for our honeymoon.

I went snorkeling for the first time and LOVED it.

Transferred my blog from Blogger to WordPress.

My sister and her husband got a dog.

I became a design mentor to an aspiring graduating student.

My friend Kaaren taught me how to knit.

Andy and I found out that we will have a niece or nephew next summer.

As you can see, a lot of ground was covered in the past year. As crazy and exciting as it was, I am anxious for a new year–a fresh start. That being said, there are some things I’d like to accomplish this next year:

1. Take better care of my skin. I’m thinking about jumping off the Cover Girl / Maybelline ship and going to the organic line of makeup and skin care. I still have the skin of a 15 year old and I think it is the result of cheap makeup.

2. Focus more on strength training. I met with a personal trainer a couple of times last summer and it really helped to educate me on weight lifting and an accompanying diet. I need to up my protein and switch up my workouts to get the maximum results.

3. Work on my blog. Right now it’s sitting half-done because life and a full-time job take away a lot. I hope to start blogging more regularly again because I enjoy it so much.

4. Take more time to relax. Not every moment needs to be productive and I need to accept this and take more “me time” even if it is simply reading a book, knitting, or watching a show.

5. Use coupons. This is something I’ve casually done over the years, but definitely could be stepped up a notch to save us some money. Anyone know of good places to get coupons besides the Sunday paper?

What do you hope to accomplish in this new year?
What was your favorite memory from 2011?
Favorite way to relax?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Laura

Designer, fitness enthusiast, blogger
This entry was posted in Andy, annual, bikes, blog, goals, holiday, Hurley, life, random, Resolutions, seasonal. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Twenty Twelve on Target

1. Alexandra says:

Love love love this! :) The pics of you and your sister at your weddings are gorgeous, both of you are just stunning!
    Hope you have many more awesome adventures in 2012!

2. Jessica says:

It sounds like you had a great year, this year! I’m a new reader of yours and I am curious as to why you don’t run anymore! Nothing against it – I don’t run or anything, just curious. I do like the idea of strength training more than cardio, though.

Congrats on you and your sister’s weddings this year! And transferring from Blogger to WordPress was a great decision – wordpress user since 2008!

Your resolutions sound great and very achievable!

What do you hope to accomplish in this new year?
    I hope to get healthier and completely recover from my eating disorder – anorexia. This is something I really hope that I can achieve, because the past two years I’ve said the same thing and it doesn’t look like I’m much better. o.O I’d also like to take better care of my nails and put more effort into my schoolwork.
    What was your favorite memory from 2011?
    My favorite memory… probably going to the Jingle Ball 2011 concert.
    Favorite way to relax?
    Crocheting!

Happy New Years (eve)!

• Laura says:

I’ll do a post regarding why I don’t run anymore!

Thanks for checking out my blog! Your resolutions sound great! I’d love to learn how to crochet! I’ve heard it’s faster than knitting. :D

3. Wait- is your sister pregnant?? Or is someone else having a baby next summer? That’s exciting! I still have the skin of a teenager too. I talked to my dermatologist about it, and she said I could blame it on hormones. Apparently I have the hormones of a teenager, haha.

4. Kellie says:

I love your New Year’s Resolutions. Coupons is a great idea! Cute blog! :) Happy 2012!

5. Ann Marie says:

I’m a new reader and love your blog. I have a very random question for you. This year my husband and I purchased a new home so of course I’m always paying attention to decor and paint colors when looking through pictures or visiting friends. I love the wall color in the picture of your door. Do you happen to know the brand/name of the wall color? I would love to know. Happy New Year!

• Laura says:

I checked in our garage and can’t find the paint can–sorry! It’s a creamy yellowish beige color and it works great with the white trim that is in our house.

Have a great new year and thanks for checking out my blog!

6. My favorite memory from 2011? That’s tough! But I think it was celebrating my one year wedding anniversary with John in March. We had champagne, lit candles, celebrated our marriage. It was perfect.

Happy New Year’s friend!

7. Allie says:

I LOVE the picture of you and Andy kissing! So cute :)

I have LOVED following your blog through the year… ah I remember the stitches.. I felt so bad! I also remember “meeting” Hurley and looking at wedding + honeymoon photos.

I cannot wait to read more in 2012! Happy New Year, Laura!