Let’s pretend that this year did not just fly by.
Last week, at our company holiday party, I mentioned to my boss “Doesn’t it seem like we just had a holiday party?” and she agreed–this past year really flew by. Why? Well, probably because a lot of things happened, such as:
My big little sister got married.
I moved up a ladder rung at work and now my days consists primarily of interactive design.
I got stitches for the first time.
My relationship with running ended.
My best friend moved to Florida for a job.
I started focusing more on strength-training than cardio.
Learning how to cook became a new goal and hobby for me.
I went snorkeling for the first time and LOVED it.
Transferred my blog from Blogger to WordPress.
I became a design mentor to an aspiring graduating student.
My friend Kaaren taught me how to knit.
Andy and I found out that we will have a niece or nephew next summer.
As you can see, a lot of ground was covered in the past year. As crazy and exciting as it was, I am anxious for a new year–a fresh start. That being said, there are some things I’d like to accomplish this next year:
1. Take better care of my skin. I’m thinking about jumping off the Cover Girl / Maybelline ship and going to the organic line of makeup and skin care. I still have the skin of a 15 year old and I think it is the result of cheap makeup.
2. Focus more on strength training. I met with a personal trainer a couple of times last summer and it really helped to educate me on weight lifting and an accompanying diet. I need to up my protein and switch up my workouts to get the maximum results.
3. Work on my blog. Right now it’s sitting half-done because life and a full-time job take away a lot. I hope to start blogging more regularly again because I enjoy it so much.
4. Take more time to relax. Not every moment needs to be productive and I need to accept this and take more “me time” even if it is simply reading a book, knitting, or watching a show.
5. Use coupons. This is something I’ve casually done over the years, but definitely could be stepped up a notch to save us some money. Anyone know of good places to get coupons besides the Sunday paper?
What do you hope to accomplish in this new year?
What was your favorite memory from 2011?
Favorite way to relax?