Whenever the holidays come around, choosing a gift for your boss can sometimes be a bit tricky. What is work-appropriate? How much should you spend? Should you even purchase a gift for them?
I’ve rounded up some office-appropriate gifts to give to bosses or coworkers. Priced between $10-20, they’re simple and show your appreciation without being over the top or tacky.
1. Gift card to lunch places near the office. Bonus points if you pick up a card to one of their favorite lunch spots. Coffee and iTunes cards work great as well, if they are into that.
2. A quality bag of coffee or tea and a new mug. Winter is on its way and most offices are freezing this time of year; what better way to warm up than with a hot drink in the morning?
3. An easy-care plant. Now, we’re not talking something that needs 83% sun, hourly watering, or anything like that. The simpler the better, because not everyone has a green thumb, but most do enjoy a little green on their desk.
4. A sincere note of appreciation can be a great gift if you don’t know your boss very well or if you’re new to the office. It lets them know you were thinking of them and are thankful for all that they do to make your job a little better (hopefully). This gift can easily be paired with a gift card or some delicious chocolate for a little extra something!
5. Neutral picture frames can be great gifts for bosses, especially if they have a spouse, kids, or even a favorite pet! It’s an easy way for them to keep a little piece of home at the office by being able to look at a familiar face or two in the frame.
In case you missed it, you may view last week’s gift guide by clicking here. Be sure to stop in next week for the guy’s gift guide!
What are some of your favorite gifts to give your boss?
What’s the best gift you’ve ever received from a boss/coworker? My former boss, Jaime, used to leave little surprises on my desk. Sometimes it was a bar of fancy dark chocolate, a Starbucks card, or just a little something that she had seen and thought of me. It was always such a fun surprise to walk into the office and find a little something on my desk! She was one of my favorite people ever–not just as a boss but also as a friend.