This new year has brought up a lot of thoughts centering around the question of “what do I want to change in 2013?” 2012 was a big year for me, and with this new year, I’d like to make some changes to make it the best year yet:
1. Change what I read: blogs, Twitter, books, magazines. If it’s not building me up, it’s going to be cut out. Too much negativity and wasted time is involved in a lot of these, and it’s taking up space in my head that I don’t have.
2. Focus on my relationships. Weeding out and making room for the people that I enjoy spending time with, that challenge me, grow with me, and are close to me.
3. Expand my business. Laura Likes Design really took off this last year and I am so excited to bring it to the next level. I’ll be spending more time designing, marketing, saying yes to projects I’m excited about, and no to projects that I don’t want to do.
4. Keep learning. Reading books, scanning articles, and researching topics that excite me such as psychology, theology, design, and advertising.
5. Take better care of myself. With my go-go-go mentality, it’s very important that I take time out of my week to have a couple nights off. I’m an introvert, so time alone is mandatory for me to recharge my batteries in attempt to be the best Laura I can be!
This new year is going to be much busier than last, making it crucial that I make my time count. These above 5 areas are ones that I would really like to focus on in these next 12 months.
I’m headed out to work on some design projects on-location for a client–make it a great day!
What do you hope to change in 2013?