One of my friends recently asked how to create a complete makeup routine on the cheap. I’ve never been one to invest much in makeup, as it’s not really my thing; I’d rather spend my money on designer jeans and Starbucks. That being said, all of my makeup is from the aisles of Target. Below you’ll find the products that I use as part of my simple, everyday makeup routine.
2. Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation in Soft Beige // Rimmel London
3. Smoothers Concealer in Light // Cover Girl
4. Shine Free Loose Powder in Medium // Maybelline
5. ColorStay Eyeliner in Black // Revlon
6. One By One Volum’ Express Mascara in Blackest Black // Maybelline
7. Plumping Lip Glaze in Baby Doll // elf
I’m not very loyal when it comes to brands, except for my foundation layers. The 25-hour line by Rimmel London seems to hold up the best and I like that it is a thicker formula, which provides better coverage. I’ve also always had great experience with the Smoothers Concealers and the Shine Free Loose Powder, so I almost always pick those up whenever I’m out. I tend to switch between Cover Girl, Maybelline, and Revon for my eyeliners and mascaras depending on what’s on sale.
That’s all there is to it! I keep it pretty simple and natural looking–I prefer to put more time and effort into my hair instead.
Are you loyal to one makeup brand?
Where do you purchase most of your makeup?