It’s no secret that I’m obsessed with my gym–I love the atmosphere, the services, classes, equipment, and the fact that a lot of the staff knows me by name. Along with that, they have an awesome cafe that is great for grabbing a protein shake, energy bar, or even an organic meal.
I have the spring tote from Athleta (LOVE IT!) and keep it in my vehicle at all times to make it convenient to hit the gym whenever. (PS I just noticed that they added a black/teal version!) Here are a few of my gym/fitness related items that I always have on hand.
1. Quench gum–I always need gum whenever I lift weights; it’s probably all psychological, but I feel like it really helps. I especially love Quench gum since it keeps me from feeling so thirsty while I’m working out. You can usually find this at sporting goods stores such as Sports Authority or Dick’s.
2. Lifting gloves–essential to my workouts for a couple reasons: they help avoid callouses from forming and they keep my rings from getting scratched, win-win situation. I purchased mine from Target years ago but will be replacing them soon since they’ve gotten a lot of love over the years.
3. Quality whey protein–I always refuel with at least 20grams of protein within 45 minutes of lifting. I was recently introduced to Cellucor’s line of protein powders and love the Cor-fetti flavor that I just tried this week.
4. iPhone + Spotify–I’m one of those people that have to have music when I work out and the Spotify app on my iPhone makes it easy to always have a fresh, upbeat playlist whenever I hit the gym.
5. Nike Dri-Fit Tanks–As a very brand-loyal person, Nike is one of my top faves for athletic apparel. Their Dri-Fit lines are perfect for keeping me cool and comfortable while working up a sweat. I also love Lululemon, but feel like a lot of their apparel is tailored more to the yogis of the world, however I do think their pants are the best-fitting athletic bottoms out there.
What are some of your favorite fitness-related items?