I'm definitely a person that loves grocery shopping, and there's nothing better than having a fridge stocked with fresh options for meals and snacks! Andy and I typically grocery shop each weekend -- most of the time we go together, but once in awhile we will go separately, depending on what our schedule is like.
I'd say 80% of our groceries come from Costco mainly because we are both creatures of habit and tend to stick to the same meals for weeks at a time before switching things up. The rest of our groceries (mainly random items in smaller quantities) come from either Trader Joe's or Target.
Below is our typical Costco haul:
- Greek Yogurt
- Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Bread (I eat avocado toast almost every day)
- Roma Tomatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Unsweetened Almond Milk (for making protein shakes)
- Berries: Usually strawberries or blueberries
- Romaine Lettuce
- 4 Dozen Organic Eggs
- Chicken Breasts (for Andy)
Other items we pick up as needed:
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Random items like a huge jar of kalamata olives, feta cheese, coconut oil, etc.
- Makeup Remover Wipes (I LOVE these -- especially for after the gym or while traveling)
- Bars -- protein bars, KIND bars, or Clif Kid Z-Bars for snacks
- Random toiletries: shaving cream, etc.
Each week, there's also a few things we purchase in smaller quantities -- below are the items we typically pick up from Target / local grocery:
- Carrots + Celery
- Tomato Soup
- Oranges or Apples
- French Baguette
- Condiments (hot sauce, coffee creamer, sour cream, etc.)
We also purchase supplements each month from Life Time Fitness -- Fast Fuel shakes for Andy, and Grass-fed whey protein + L-Glutamine for me.
Items such as K-cups for our Keurig are ordered every few months from Starbucks.com (I usually buy the 100 pack whenever they have an online sale).
Once in awhile, we will switch things up, but overall, we tend to stick to our usual grocery haul because it works for us! We both eat fairly clean probably 80-90 percent of the time and have a treat every once in awhile. I love ice cream, popcorn, and cereal and Andy enjoys random snacks like Cheez-Its and tortilla chips every once in awhile. We both enjoy eating healthy in conjunction with our active lifestyles -- this works for us, but everyone's dietary needs are different so be sure to honor your body.
Where do you typically shop for groceries?
What are your weekly staples?