Hello, and Happy Valentine's Day! Now that it's the evening after Valentine's, my mind is already on all things spring! With our upcoming spring break vacation, I've been scoping out all of the bright colors that are hitting the stores this time of year. I've created a little roundup of some of my favorite styles, colors, and items that I've got my eyes on lately!
1. This J.Crew 3" Chino Short looks so cute and stylish for late spring and summer--I love the brilliant azalea color, but am also thinking that the baroque blue and storm grey colors would be perfect for mixing and matching all summer long!
2. For many years, the J.Crew Tippi sweater has been a staple in my wardrobe--they are lightweight, fitted, and come in a variety of colors--I'm loving this neon citron color--the perfect contrast against a golden summer tan.
3. I've been a member of Rocksbox for over a year now and it is one of my very favorite things--it's like Christmas every time I receive a new set in the mail! If you'd like to try it out, you can use my code LAURABFF708 for a FREE month! I received a Loren Hope Sarra small cuff last summer and they recently released this pretty blush color! It would be the perfect addition to a spring outfit!
4. Leather pants! Need I say more? There have been so many girls sporting these at work and I love how they jazz up a simple sweater and leggings ensemble. I am loving this pair from Nordstrom.
5. On the topic of pants, I have a thing for ripped jeans--I love how they add a little edge to an outfit while still keeping it on the casual side. I love this light-wash jean from Nordstrom for cooler spring evenings.
6. I received an open-back pullover last year from a friend and never thought I'd like this style. Then, one day I was freezing and grabbed it from the back of my dresser drawer and was surprised by how much I enjoyed wearing it! The open back makes it easy to switch up your look since you can pair it with different colored tanks underneath. This minty-colored chakra sweatshirt from Athleta is definitely on my radar!
7. I'm thinking that 2017 is going to be the year I pull the trigger on a pull of classic Hunter boots. I'm picturing this glossy pale pink colored boots paired with skinny jeans and my military jacket on a drizzly April morning.
8. My sister and I were at the mall last weekend when we came across these front-tie shirts--at first I wasn't really crazy about them, but after coming across a few while browsing the web, I think they've grown on me! This gray one from Banana Republic actually has a slight pinstripe pattern to it--such a fun detail!
9. Kendra Scott is one of my favorite jewelry companies; my friend Colleen actually introduced me to KS when I was visiting Hawaii last summer. I love the simple styles paired with classic gold and a pop of vibrant color. The Rayne necklaces from her collection are one of my favorite ways to dress up a plain pullover or longsleeved tee! Love this coral one for spring!
10. The majority of my sweaters come from J.Crew and Banana Republic--their lightweight, fitted sweaters are perfect for layering over a basic tank or under your favorite jacket. I think this neon violet Italian cashmere blend pullover would be so cute paired with my white jeans and denim jacket for Easter!
11. Along with Kendra Scott's Rayne pendant necklaces, I also adore the Elle earrings since they're small enough to be lightweight yet large enough to really dress up a basic outfit. How pretty are these turquoise drop earrings?
12. It's no secret that I have a mild obsession with Nike and may or may not currently own at least five pairs. I love these pastel pink Nikes--they'd be so cute paired with a basic white tee and a pair of light-wash distressed denim.
What are some colors / items you're looking forward to wearing as the seasons change?
Do you have any upcoming vacations planned?