I’ve seen this little survey floating around online and thought it’d be fun to join in!
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this month?
Celebrating the 4th with Fletcher! We took him to the mall and he loved it so much!
2. What’s your favorite game?
I love games so much! Clue, Backgammon, Monopoly Deal, Cribbage, and Scattergories are my favorites. Now that we have our new dining chairs, I want to plan a board game night, stat!
3. When are you most inspired?
While working out — I swear, it’s when my best ideas come to me.
4. If you could teach one subject in school what would it be?
Psychology! I love chatting about this topic oh so much.
5. What’s your favorite beverage?
Water, iced Americanos, LaCroix, kombucha
6. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
Ones related to being a mom :)
7. What is your favorite birthday cake?
Vanilla on vanilla with sprinkles
8. What is one thing you still have from your childhood?
All of my Polly Pockets, Barbies, and Legos — it’s fun to see my nieces play with them now
9. What is your favorite movie?
Home Alone — I can pretty much quote the whole thing.
10. What is something you can’t do?
Pretty sure I can’t do the splits anymore
11. Window or aisle seat?
I always choose the window
12. What makes you laugh no matter what?
13. What does creativity mean to you?
Freedom to express myself
14. What are your favorite lyrics of all time?
15. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving — I have a post about it here.
16. What’s heavily played on your music playlist right now?
I’ve been listening to a ton of Skrillex while doing plyo workouts and also Halsey while driving. Also a lot of violin / classical lullabies in the evenings while rocking Fletcher to sleep
18. Must have purse item?
19. What did you want to be when you grew up when you were 12?
Not sure when I was 12, but during my elementary school years it was an artist or teacher
20. What is something you will not be doing in ten years?
Changing diapers ;)
21. What is an important life lesson for someone to learn?
Trust your gut — I can’t even tell you how true this is for me.
22. How do you start your day?
Shower + iced coffee, always. I’d LOVE to get back into working out in the mornings but in this stage of life that’s just not happening due to breastfeeding / getting up in the night so evening workouts are where it’s at!
23. Would you ever live anywhere besides MN?
Yes! I would love to move to a different state — I’m one of those people that love change. North Carolina is at the top of my list for places to relocate to!
24. What is your favorite dessert?
Froyo or brownies. Okay, or Rice Krispie bars — the original ones, not the PB ones. Also, my step grandma makes THE best fruit pizza ever. Hi, I’m Laura and I love sugar.
25. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Creme brûlée and bread or rice pudding. Also, if you think fruit is dessert, we can’t be friends. ;)
26. It’s brunch! What do you eat?
Waffles with fresh berries + whipped cream. Also a cup of coffee with half and half
27. Where was the best vacation you’ve ever taken?
We had such a great time visiting Scottsdale + Sedona a few years ago and are talking about going again maybe next year with Fletcher! Rome + Florence were amazing, too!
28. Favorite Disney animal?
The mice in Cinderella
29. What is a book you are planning on reading?
So many — I’m always reading.
30. What did you read most recently?
The Mother-In-Law by Sally Hepworth. It was good, not great.
31. Favorite solo artist?
I love Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, etc. I also love Lorie Line piano music streamed through our house … it’s just so peaceful.
32. What is something you’re tired of?
Bipolar weather — our seasons keep meshing into each other and it’s kind of a buzzkill
33. What’s a city you wish to visit?
34. Heels or flats?
35. Where does one go on a perfect road trip?
Colorado! It is the prettiest state I’ve ever been to
36. What do you do on a rainy day?
Read, nap, clean / reorganize.
37. What’s your favorite exercise?
Rollerblading, running, lifting. I also love going for walks.
38. What was your worst subject in school?
39. What is your spirit animal?
40. What do you usually eat for breakfast?
Protein shake (protein, greens powder, almond butter, spinach, almond milk, banana, ice)
41. What do you usually eat for dinner?
42. Cooking or Baking?
I love to cook but don’t enjoy baking
43. Favorite baked good?
44. What is something you wish you could be good at?
45. Skiing or Surfing?
Skiing, but more realistically, snowboarding
46. First celebrity crush?
47. Most recent celebrity crush?
48. What color was your prom dress?
Didn’t go to prom
49. How do you manage stress?
Making a list and prioritizing. Otherwise working out or going for a walk. Talking to a friend helps, too.
50. What do you do to relax?
Work out, read, nap, go for a walk, get a pedicure
51. Age when you were first kissed?
52. Favorite snack?
Popcorn, fruit, smoothies
53. Favorite fashion trend of all time?
54. Best fashion advice you’ve ever received?
Quality over quantity
55. What is your current favorite piece of clothing that you own?
I’ve been wearing my white skinnies constantly these days!
56. Shoes or Bags?
Not a huge fan of either
57. How do you know if you’re in love?
When you know, you know
58. Television show you’ve binged on recently?
59. Who do you turn to when you’re sad?
Andy / friends
60. Leather or lace?
61. Vintage or new?
New — always.
62. What is your Kryptonite?
Sour, fruity candy
63. What are you most enchanted by?
Watching Fletcher grow and develop amazes me each day
64. What is your biggest strength?
My motivation is off the charts
65. What is your biggest weakness?
Taking on too much at once
66. What are 3 words to describe living in MN?
Bipolar, seasonal, pretty
67. Cutest thing on planet earth?
I’m biased but I think my baby is the cutest! ;)
68. Favorite color?
69. Best first date idea?
Going for a walk around a lake or something — it’s more casual
70. Favorite time of day?
Early morning — I just love summer mornings when it’s still cool but the sun is streaming through the windows
71. What do you first notice about someone when you meet them?
72. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Starbucks + a pedicure
73. Favorite band?
Pick a few of the questions above and answer in the comments! :)