A Day in the Life - Fun with Fletcher

I recently asked for post requests on IG and this is always one of the top post topics that comes up every time! I’m sharing a recent day of mine — these are always really long and picture-heavy posts because our days are packed in this season of life. Enjoy! :)


I woke up, showered, and got ready before heading out to a garage sale in the area.


The night before, I saw that they had posted a photo of some Little People playsets for sale — including the Santa’s village one, so I made it a priority to be the first one at the sale at 6:40am. Fletcher loves these playsets and plays with his farm one at least three times each day, so I know these will get a lot of use.


Once I arrived home, Andy left for work and I made a quick breakfast before working on the computer until Fletcher woke up. Plain Greek yogurt, granola, + fresh strawberries plus a glass of iced coffee with half and half.


At 8am, my meditation reminder popped up so I did a quick session. I used to do this every. single. morning. before leaving for work and it made such a difference — I’m trying to get back into the habit of it. I use the Calm app and love it — you can read more about my thoughts on this membership in this post.


I continued to work while Fletcher slept — it’s always so cute when babies sleep with their little butts up in the air.


Around 8:30, Fletcher woke up so I headed upstairs to start the day with him.


I changed his diaper and while I was washing my hands, he crawled right over to my apple and grabbed it. He’s getting so fast at crawling lately — especially if there’s something that he really wants.


I restocked his diaper caddy (we keep one of these on each level) and then we head downstairs where I showed him his new toys. We keep them stocked with diapers, wipes, a bib, nail clippers, tooth brush, comb, and a spray bottle of water for styling his hair.


He was so excited and once I washed them, he immediately started playing with all of them.


While he was playing, I made him some breakfast — he tried peanut butter for the first time and loved it!


We use these organic steel cut oats for him — I just grind them up in the food processor before cooking them since they’re a little more coarse than old fashioned oats.


After he finishes his breakfast, he’s content with playing with his toys in the highchair (he likes sitting in there because he gets to be at eye level with me), so I do some baby meal prep. I’ve been making all of Fletcher’s foods and while this sounds really ambitious, it’s honestly really fast and super easy. Green beans, oatmeal + bananas, and some sweet potato / apple combos. We’ve been doing mainly purees since we haven’t done the baby CPR + choking class yet -- hopefully next week.


We go back to playing once the kitchen is all tidied up.


After awhile, we head upstairs for a diaper change, an outfit, and we also style his hair. Then it’s nap time (it’s about 11am at this point which is a little later than he usually naps but he woke up later than usual so we were rolling with it) — we recently started putting him in a sleep sack and he’s been taking such good naps in it!


He drinks a bottle and then goes down for his morning nap — we’re still working on sleep training but lately it’s been going a little better. There were no tears and after singing to himself, he went right to sleep.


I head downstairs and make some lunch — super unattractive meal but it hit the spot. Avocado toast with eggs and pico. I also had a protein bar at one point during the morning because I was starving.

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 7.25.59 PM.png

After lunch, I work for a bit; I’ll share more about my current projects soon, but here’s a sneak peek of some recent illustration work! ;)


Later on, I take a break to pump (I’m thinking of doing a post this fall about breastfeeding because I have learned SO much that I never realized until I had a baby). I like to utilize this downtime by being productive so I watch a few lettering tutorials and practice some drills using my Apple Pencil.


Afterwards, I work some more and then head upstairs to grab Fletcher when I see / hear that he is awake from his nap.


He’s super excited to see me because he knows it’s time to play and eat. We goof around in his room for a bit, read a few books, and then head downstairs for a bottle.


After Fletcher finishes his bottle, I make a shake for a snack. I recently cleaned out our cabinets and it makes me so happy whenever I open them and see everything all neat and tidy.


Next, we pack up and head to the library to grab some books for Fletcher! We checked out a bunch of Halloween / fall ones because ‘tis the season! ;)


He also earned a tote bag for reading 50 books this summer — good job, buddy!


Next, we swing by Chick-Fil-A to pick up dinner for Andy since he was working late.


We also made a quick stop at the co-op for some vitamins, popcorn, and kombucha. I needed to set Fletcher down for a second while I filled the bag with popcorn from the bulk bins so I stuck him in the shopping basket — he loved it!


Upon arriving home, Fletcher ate dinner and enjoyed playing with his food on the high chair tray.


Afterwards, he got a bath since he was covered in green beans!


Nice and clean!


He had a bottle and then we read one of his new library books before he was off to bed for the evening!


He went down without a fight, which is a success in my book! I spent the rest of the evening tidying up, making dinner, and then relaxing on the couch while watching some shows.